From November through to the end of January we see the arrival of the woodcock and snipe to the South West. Their jinking flight patterns presenting our guns with some of the most exciting and challenging of shots. The acres of forestry, culm grass and wetlands in the south west drawing the wild birds in every year.
Evening woodcock flights and driven snipe and woodcock days can be organised for parties of 6 or more.
Typical order of the day:
- 8.00am – Full English Breakfast in the farmhouse (optional extra)
- 9.30am – Arrive at shoot. Introductions, Keepers safety talk and welcome refreshments.
- 11.00am – After 2 drives, quick refreshments.
- 1.00pm – After 2 more drives, light lunch “in the field”.
- 2.00pm – 4 drives after lunch.
- 6.00pm – Roast dinner in a local pub
Evening woodcock flights from £55.00 per gun (minimum 4 guns)
Driven days from £160.00 per gun (based on minimum 8 guns). To include lunch and refreshments “in the field” and a roast dinner in a local pub afterwards.
Accommodation from £40.00 pppn
Note: Apart from being very difficult birds to actually shoot in the first place, (10-1 not being uncommon!) snipe and woodcock are migratory birds and numbers cannot be guaranteed. Days can vary from 100’s to a few.
* Prices subject to confirmation at the time of booking.